Through my 30-year journey of personal growth, I have changed and grown in every area of my life. I’m incredibly grateful. The thought of being stuck in who I was ten, twenty, or thirty years ago is something I don’t want to imagine. My commitment to ongoing growth is intentional. It hasn’t always been easy, but it is so worth it! I’ll continue to grow and learn till my last breath.
Today, I speak honestly about the many failures and hardships of my life, and how I was able to grow through and rise above each one (thank you, God!). I continue to blog as well as speak about pivotal moments in my life – a few miraculous – where I learned some profound life lessons that are so valuable I just can’t keep them to myself.
One of the darkest moments in my life took place in 2004. I endured a brief health crisis – a life-changing event that led to my work in the mission fields of hope. A day doesn’t pass that I’m not grateful for that providential experience and a merciful God! I wrote about my darkest hour and my journey to joy in I Stand Amazed. Several years later the book is still touching lives.
I’ve helped thousands of individuals grow through life, regardless of their circumstances, by teaching skills that prepare them for life’s challenges. I also encourage others to live intentionally. I began working with individuals in 2005, which also grew into facilitating group classes. I love sharing insightful truths and practical tools that cultivate growth:
Personally – Spiritually – Relationally – Professionally.
My focus is on personal growth, which includes healthy choices and boundaries. From our first encounter, my clients learn skills that will lead them to success. My completion of graduate school and
I enjoy my work as a counselor, but the reality is not everyone is in need of counseling. Many of my clients fall into the category of coaching. In either case, I love pouring into the lives of others and watching them grow. I’ve learned that everyone has a story; what we choose to do with it can empower us. Joy is a choice, and I choose to embrace it. You can do the same!
My passion for learning and growth can be realized in my counseling methods and skills. I concluded a one-week intensive training under Dr. John Townsend and Dr. Henry Cloud, leading psychologists and authors of numerous books including New York Times Bestseller, Boundaries. And I continue to stay updated on skills and methodology. I have worked with thousands of individuals during challenging times. As a counselor, coach, and life enrichment instructor, I am passionate about helping people gain hope and understanding, or heal and grow stronger, so they can lead fulfilled lives.
We offer Life enrichment classes periodically. See testimonials. Watch for news and updates for various adult classes (located in Plymouth, IN). Sign up to receive updates (see above: Let’s Connect)
My post-graduate enrichment has been led by masters in the fields of Counseling, Coaching, and Leadership:
- Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend. Learning their methodology and implementing it into my work has made a huge impact, on me personally as well as my clients.
- Dr. Emerson Eggerichs, Pastoral Counselor and best-selling Author of multiple books on marriage and relationships, including Love & Respect. I have attended workshops with Dr. Eggerichs and his wife, Sarah, and daughter Joy, and include the Love & Respect resources in my couples/relationships coaching (and counseling) services and Life Enrichment classes.
- I’ve also had additional training in Child Play Counseling workshops with pioneer Dr. Garry Landreth.
- M.A. in Human Services Counseling
- Master of Ministry (M.Min.) – Leadership
- B.S. in Organizational Management
- Master Christian Life Coach (ICCA) Training
- Child Play Counseling (workshops/studies)
- Post-Graduate Studies (George Fox University)
- Completed One-Week Intensive with Drs.
Henry Cloud & John Townsend, plus ongoing studies (Counseling/Coaching, Leadership)
- MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) Administrator.